College Planning Consultant
Advantage College Planning is a growing college planning business in Raleigh, NC, and we're actively seeking two college planning consultants (one full-time and one part-time) to join our team.
Who are we?
Advantage College Planning coaches high school students through the college planning process to ensure each student's success. We define our success as working to make the process as stress- free as possible (even having some fun!), and finding colleges that fit our students: academically, socially and financially. Our ultimate goal is to see our students survive the college planning process (while keeping the relationship with their parents intact), go off to a college that fits and graduate in a timely fashion. Although student acceptances into the Ivy League is exciting, it's certainly not how we define our success.
How do we do this?
We get to know our students really well and learn what makes them tick. We meet with them one-on-one, make good recommendations on colleges to consider (by heavily researching and visiting schools), and walk students through each step of the process. We enjoy being the neutral third party students listen to and trust and enable parents to take a step back from being the nag. We take pride in the relationships we build with both students and parents, and it shows in the result of our work.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience with the college planning process (ideally in college admissions) - You excel at the challenges of working with high school students (and their parents)
- You have an infectiously positive, upbeat, "can-do" attitude
- You enjoy a flexible schedule and don't mind working in the evenings or on weekends
- You're excited about taking the occasional road trip to visit college campuses
- You are located in the Raleigh area
Although not required, it would be great if:
- You enjoy public speaking
- You pride yourself on being a grammar guru
Compensation will depend on experience, with many opportunities for growth through hard work, team commitment, and a passion for student success.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, send us a letter sharing why you'd be a great addition to our team! Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.